Norfolk and Waveney Integrated Care System (ICS)
A winter campaign has been launched to support people in Norfolk and Waveney to keep warm and well over the winter months. The campaign aims to help local people understand the actions they can take to stay warm and well and manage their own health and wellbeing to help reduce the pressure on health and care services.
The “Warm and Well” campaign has been developed by ICS partners and supports the following core themes linked to keeping well over the winter period.
• Prevention. Remind people of practical steps they can take to be prepared for winter and help prevent health problems from developing and getting worse.
• Choosing the right health service. Reduce pressure on A&E by encouraging public to visit/use other health resources (MIU, WIC, pharmacy, 111, GPs).
• Vaccinations. Encourage people to have the flu vaccine and COVID-19 booster.
• Hardship support. Improve awareness and uptake of hardship support and services available.
• Mental health. Support people to care for their mental health and signposting to available resources.
• Winter wellbeing. Encourage the public to look after their health through a range of self-care tips and advice, including looking out for older or vulnerable friends, neighbours, and family.
Please encourage people to visit the Warm and Well campaign portal where they can find information relating to the various topics above, and to partner and provider websites to access direct support.
Link to portal here; Warm and Well – Norfolk & Waveney Integrated Care System (ICS) (improvinglivesnw.org.uk)