The Parish Council has its own website which has full details of meetings, minutes and policies – The Parish Council website.
There are nine councillors who represent the whole community of Scarning, with meetings – mostly monthly – to which members of the public are very welcome to attend.
The Parish Council is responsible for:
- Provision and maintenance of the children’s play areas and Outdoor Fitness equipment on the Blackthorn Drive playing field
- Maintenance of Outdoor Fitness equipment and the Zip Wire on the Shipdham Lane playing field
- Maintenance of the roadside verges and hedges in some parts of the parish
- Provision of dog and litter bins
- Maintenance of some street lights
- Maintenance of the church clock and the war memorial
- Repair and upkeep of bus shelters in the parish
The Parish Clerk is Nick Hartley 07938 001056 – ScarningClerk@BTInternet.Com
The Parish Council has its own website which has full details of meetings, minutes and policies – The Parish Council website