Scarning Playing Field Charity

Scarning Playing Field Charity (number 304052) is managed by a voluntary Committee on behalf of Scarning Parish Council for the recreational use and enjoyment of the residents of Scarning.
The committee applies for funding from the Parish Council and also raises funds in order to buy the equipment necessary to maintain and run the playing field. The committee pays an annual peppercorn rent of 5p to Scarning Parish Council.

The committee is elected for a period of one year at an Annual General Meeting held in April. It comprises of a Chairman, Vice-Chairman, Secretary and Treasurer and Representatives from the Parish Council, Bowls club, Football Club, Tennis Courts, the Groundsman and a number of Village Representatives.
New members can join the Committee at the Annual General Meeting.
The committee is run on a voluntary basis. A set of accounts is prepared by the Treasurer every year and is presented to the Committee at the Annual General Meeting.
Should the Committee cease to function the surplus funds and assets would be passed to the Parish Council for managing.
This constitution was adopted by the Committee on 20 May 2008.

For more information see the Scarning Playing Fields page.

Cricket on the playing field - 1950
Playing Field from the air - date unknown
Whilst Jessopp Close was being built
Plaque to commemorate AF Wright. Observed by ???, Ruby Wright & John Wright (son)
Menu