Many residents will be worried about how to pay their bills and purchase food this winter. The Communities team have been planning and implementing a range of support offers for some time, to ensure that there is a good range of easily accessible help at hand for households.
A huge array of information and links to support that is available in the County this winter can be found at www.norfolk.gov.uk/costofliving and includes information on:
- Norfolk Assistance Scheme can help with support and financial assistance for food, energy, water, and other household essentials including white goods. People with no internet access call 0344 800 8020. The fastest way is to apply online here.
- Cost of living vouchers – Families eligible for free school meals now receive a monthly ‘cost of living’ voucher. The vouchers will be £15 per month per child with an additional payment of £30 per child in December. The vouchers are provided by Edenred and can be used in all supermarkets for essentials including clothing. If you think a family should be receiving these vouchers and isn’t please encourage them to contact the child’s school or look online here.
- Nourishing Norfolk – Norfolk Community Foundation’s Nourishing Norfolk food hubs provide a range of food support. More details on the food hubs here.
- Your Norfolk Advice Network is a free, independent information and advice service, providing easy and quick access to the services you need. The service is open to all adults in Norfolk, including family members, carers, and professionals seeking information and advice. Call 0333 996 8333 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Libraries – Hot drinks will be available during staffed hours and there will be some activities and creative things to do and learn, or you can just sit back and relax and enjoy some company. Libraries are offering warm spaces along with free warm and well bags containing a scarf, hat, gloves, blanket, socks, and a hot water bottle and also toiletries and sanitary products to go – just pick them up from the library. To find your nearest library visit www.norfolk.gov.uk/libraries
(Source: Norfolk CC)